Hutt City Council & Upper Hutt City Council “Let’s Sort Out Waste” Quiz Terms and Conditions
By completing the ‘Let’s sort out waste’ quiz between 29 July and 25 August 2019 you agree and acknowledge that you will be entered into a draw to win one of the prizes.
How to enter
Entrants must complete the quiz during the promotional period in order to enter the draw to win one of the the prizes.
The promotional period is from 6am, 29 July 2019 to 5pm, 25 August 2019.
To go into the draw, participants must play the game and complete the mandatory participants details. The game and participant’s details must be completed between 6am Monday 29 July 2019 and 11pm 25 August 2019.
The winners will be chosen randomly by either Hutt City Council or Upper Hutt City Council or a representative of either councils and posted on the Hutt City Council and Upper Hutt City Council Facebook page and website after 25 August 2019.
- The Promoter is Hutt City Council, 30 Laings Road, Lower Hutt 5040 and Upper Hutt City Council 838-842 Fergusson Dr, Upper Hutt 5018.
- The promotion is the “Hutt City Council & Upper Hutt City Council, Rethink waste quiz” (“the Promotion”).
- Information on how to enter the Promotion forms part of these terms and conditions. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is only open to residents of Lower Hutt and Upper Hutt.
- After contacting the winner, the winner’s photo and first name may be used within an announcement post on “Facebook” or the HCC, UHCC websites.
- The Promotion is open to individual persons only.
- Employees and contractors involved with the development of the campaign are not eligible for entry into the prize draw.
- Entries which enclose partial information, or submitted by or through dishonest means, fraud or other illegal activity, or entries not complying with these terms and conditions, are invalid.
- The prizes available are listed on sortwaste.nz/quiz. Entries received before the opening of the Promotion Period, or after the close of the Promotion Period will not be eligible to enter the promotion.
- If the winners do not respond within 3 days of being notified, the winners will be deemed to have forfeited their prize and the Promoter will select a new winner on the same terms as the original winner was selected and contacted.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will take no responsibility for any issues associated with accessing the Promotion.
- Individuals can enter as many times as they like, but will only receive one prize.
- Prizes must be picked up by the winner with ID from either of the following addresses: Hutt City Council, 30 Laings Rd, Lower Hutt OR Upper Hutt City Council, 838-842 Fergusson Dr, Upper Hutt.
Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that:
- By accepting a prize, they agree to participate in any publicity arrangements that the Promoter may reasonably require in relation to this Promotion.
- The entrant warrants and represents to the Promoter that the entry is owned by them and does not breach anyone else’s rights or require their permission (or that such third party permissions have been obtained by the entrant from individuals or industry representatives or associations).
- The Promoters decision as to the (number of) “winners” is entirely at its discretion, is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries, entrants and winners (including an entrant’s or winner’s identity, age and place of residence), and to disqualify any entrant or winner who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for:
- any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication including any email communication sent to the Promoter by any entrant (or by the Promoter to any entrant) whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise;
- any theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of such communications; or
- any problem with, or technical malfunction of, or capability issue (or lack thereof), relating to any computer system, smart phone or other equipment used for the conduct of the Promotion.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees, and agents), will not be liable in any way (including negligence) for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to;
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any entry or prize that is late, lost, altered, or misdirected (whether or not after its receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- any variation in the relevant prize stated in these terms and conditions;
- any tax liability incurred by an entrant or a winner; or the use of a relevant prize.
- The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and will not disclose such information to third parties.
- The Promoter could use the information collected via the quiz for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes. All entries become the property of the Promoter. Entrants have the right of access to, and right to request correction of, their personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.